Special session organizers:
Slaviša Aleksić, Hochschule für Telekommunikation, Leipzig, Germany
The objective of the session is to bring people together who can share experience in different aspects of university education in telecommunications: in creating, implementing and carrying out curricula; organizing academia-industry collaboration in advanced telecommunication products; organizing joint study programs on international level; organizing student and staff exchange within international exchange programs; in development and application of software tools that enable better understanding and make easier learning about complex telecommunication system and network.
Contributions to the session are preferred to be in the following area, but not limited only to them:
- Development of curricula for the new age
- Joint study programs, experiences on international collaboration
- Teaching innovations and entrepreneurship in ICT
- Industry-academia collaboration, involving students in R&D projects
- Experiences on students’ exchanges: presentation of good practice
- Network and system simulation tools in university education: principles and applications
- Advanced educational tools for telecommunications in general, and specifically for optical networks and systems
Announced papers to the special session:
- Vedran Podobnik, Jurica Babic, Ignac Lovrek (University of Zagreb), Felipe L Penaranda-Foix (Universitat Politècnica de València), Transnational Multidisciplinary Study Programs in the Field of ICT – Innovation and Entrepreneurship Aspects.
- Darko Huljenic (Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Zagreb), Summer Workshops for Students in Industrial R&D Environment.
Papers submitted to special session must not have been published, submitted, or accepted for publication elsewhere. IEEE policy regarding plagiarism and duplicate submission/publication will be strictly enforced.
Papers should be submitted electronically before submission deadline, via EDAS (http://edas.info). Paper submissions should follow the IEEE double-column format for conferences (templates available on the conference Web site, http://www.contel.hr/2019). A maximum of (8) pages, including all figures and references, are allowed for each paper. Submitted papers will undergo a peer review process, coordinated by the Program Committee. Submission of a paper implies that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors must register and attend the conference to present the work.
March 31, 2019: Full Papers, Due
May 10, 2019: Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
May 24, 2019: Final, Camera Ready Papers, Due
Please read the full Call for Papers.