This page contains detailed guidelines about the paper formatting and submission. For general info on paper submission, please see Information for Authors.
Papers should be submitted electronically, as PDF documents. The paper length is limited to eight (8) pages (no exceptions). (Papers longer than 8 pages, or shorter than 3 pages, will not be taken into consideration.)
The submitted papers should adhere to the standard IEEE double-column format for conferences. Templates in LaTeX and MS Word are available below.
Please double-check the paper size in your page setup to make sure you are using the A4 size paper layout (210 x 297mm; i.e., 8.27”x16.69”).
Also, please make sure to use full names of all authors, not just initials (i.e., Firstname Lastname) – this is important for indexing purposes. Note that the capitalization of words in the title should be as in the template (all nouns and adjectives should be capitalized, not just the first word).
The LaTeX template folder is presented as a ZIP file: contel2017-paper-tex.
The folder contains the following files:
- “contel2017-paper_template.tex”, a sample TEX file
- “mybibfile.bib”, a sample BIB file
- “IEEEabrv.bib”, an additional BIB file that lists only IEEE publications and is referenced within “mybibfile.bib”,
- “sample_fig1.eps”, a sample EPS file containing an image used by the sample TEX file,
- “contel2017-paper_template.pdf”, a PDF file generated from the sample TEX file using the style defined by “IEEEtran.cls” and “IEEEtran.bst”,
- “IEEEtran_HOWTO.pdf”, a PDF file with detailed instructions on paper formatting
Microsoft Word document template
MS Word 97/2000/XP/2003/2007/2010 template file (DOC and PDF generated from DOC), with instructions for paper formatting (the DOC and PDF are compressed into a single ZIP file): contel2017-paper-doc
A note on PDF Conformance
The papers should be submitted as PDF documents, with all fonts embedded. (EDAS will show warnings if that is not the case.) Although strict PDF conformance will not be required for the initial paper submission, the authors of accepted papers will be requested to prepare the final version to be fully conformant with the IEEE Xplore® requirements.
The instructions on how to produce a conformant PDF file are given below.
IEEE PDF Requirements for Creating PDF Documents for IEEE Xplore®: IEEE-PDF-Spec-V4.10.pdf
Paper submissions through EDAS will open on January 10th, 2017.