PhD Forum program
ConTEL 2023 will host a PhD Forum on Thursday, July 13, 2023. The event will start at 9:45 (not 9:00) and take place in the Seminar room (HF01092).
The PhD Forum consists of two parts: (1) fast-paced pitch talk presentations given by the students, and (2) a poster session in the exhibition area, which will provide an opportunity for discussion between the PhD Forum participants and the audience.
9:45 – 10:20 PhD Forum – presentations
Seminar room (HF01092, 1st floor)
Reinhard Teschl, Graz University of Technology, Austria
Matevž Pustišek, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Semi-Supervised Approach of Predicting Aqueous Solubility using Few-Shot Learning
Domagoj Begušić (University of Zagreb, Croatia); Damir Pintar (University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Croatia)
- System for Generating and Detecting Quasi-Continuous THz Waves Based on Photoconductive Antennas and a single laser diode
Pongrac Blaz and Andrej Sarjas (University of Maribor, Slovenia)
- Scalability, Trust and Functionality: The Key Factors of Blockchain in Shared Manufacturing
Jay Bojič Burgos (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia); Matevž Pustišek (University of Ljubljana & Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Slovenia)
- Liquid Crystal based Reconfigurable Antennas for Indoor-Localization Applications
Gerzon Gomez-Bravo and Reinhard Teschl (Graz University of Technology, Austria); Wolfgang Bosch (Graz University of Technology & Institute of Microwave and Photonic Engineering, Austria)
- Advancing Automotive Monitoring Systems and Wireless Connectivity in Harsh Environments
Daniel Kraus (Pro2Future GmbH & Graz University of Technology, Austria); Erich Leitgeb (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- A Ka-band 8W GaN MMIC DPA with On-Chip Phase Tuning Featuring a Novel Doherty Combiner
Jose Romero Lopera, Michael Gadringer and Erich Leitgeb (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Modulation Techniques for Visible Light Communication Communicating Wristband Application
Saman Zahiri-Rad (Institute of Microwave and Photonic Engineering, Technical University Graz); Erich Leitgeb (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
10:20 – 10:50 Coffee break
10:50 – 11:50 PhD Forum (cont’d) – poster session
Authors in attendance and poster discussion.
Awards will be given to the students for best pitch-talk and the best poster.