PhD Forum program
ConTEL 2021 will host a PhD Forum on Friday, July 2, 2021, at 2 p.m. The PhD Forum will take place in hybrid format, with in-person attendance at the ConTEL 2021 conference venue and online participation via zoom.A free registration is offered to students (all levels: B. Sc., M. Sc. and PhD) who only wish to attend the PhD Forum event (not the conference). To use this option, please send e-mail to to the Organizing Committee Chair Jasna Slavinić ().
The PhD Forum consists of a poster session, preceded by a fast-paced introduction by each student that offers a preview of the posters. The first part will be streamed via zoom and the second part will take place in a virtual environment that you will be able to join through the web browser (no installation necessary).
Each student will be given a strictly-timed 2-minutes’ slot to present a “pitch talk” about her/his research. The purpose of the pitch talk is to provide a brief outline of one’s doctoral research work, with the goal to raise awareness and generate further discussion over the poster session that follows next.
The PhD Forum poster session features 11 posters. Posters in PDF format can be viewed directly from the list below.
Link and password for the zoom session has been shared with all registered participants.
PhD Forum (Grey Hall)
Session Chair: Irena Oršolić (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Performance Estimation of Encrypted Video Streaming in Light of End-User Playback-Related Interactions Based on Machine Learning
- Ivan Bartolec and Lea Skorin-Kapov (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Personal thermal comfort modelling with implementation of the smart technologies
- Ana Culic, Sandro Nizetic and Petar Solic (University of Split, Croatia)
- Sensing the Environment Changes from Signal Strength Data: Machine Learning Approach
- Lea Dujić Rodić and Petar Solic (University of Split, Croatia)
- Microwave Frontends for Dependable Wireless Communication and Localization Systems
- Gerzon Gomez-Bravo (TU Graz, Austria)
- High-frequency incident power density assessment on non-planar tissue models
- Ante Lojić Kapetanović and Dragan Poljak (University of Split, Croatia)
- LPWAN for use in agriculture
- Ana Pejkovic (University of J. J. Strossmayer of Osijek, Croatia)
- Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation of HF Wireless Power Transmitter: Analytical and Numerical Results
- Petra Rasic and Zoran Blažević (University of Split, Croatia)
- Hybrid hardware/software datapath for near real-time reconfigurable high-speed packet filtering
- Denis Salopek and Miljenko Mikuc (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Quality of Experience Evaluation of Remote Reality Based Applications: Case of FPV Drone Piloting
- Matko Šilić, Mirko Sužnjević and Lea Skorin-Kapov (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Narration Accessibility Feature – a Screen Reader Simulator for Unity Applications
- Iva Topolovac, Matea Zilak and Zeljka Car (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- QoE Assessment for Virtual Reality Gaming
- Sara Vlahović and Lea Skorin-Kapov (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
16:00 Closing of the conference.